You can check which version of the Jungle Disk software version you are running by visiting your Software Install Report from your control panel and identify your computer name.
You can also check by launching the Activity Monitor and following the steps below
1. On the Activity Monitor select "Help"
2. Select "About"
You will no longer be able to connect
until updating to the latest version of the Jungle Disk software. Please visit our downloads page
, and follow the appropriate steps below.
You will not be affected by this change, however, we strongly recommend running the latest version available on our downloads page
For administrators, ensure that, if running Jungle Disk Server Edition, you perform an update to the Server Agent (64bit
) and Server Management client (64bit
) and note which users are running versions of the software that will be affected by this change.
- Navigate to your Software Install Report from your Control Panel.
- Locate users running versions of the software OLDER than 3.22
The only action needed by users is to install the latest version of the Jungle Disk software, below you will find guides on how to perform this update for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) and Server Edition are available for download on our downloads page.
Latest release version: 3.34.1 | View Release Notes
64bit - 32bit - 64bit (MSI) - 32bit (MSI)
Supports Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) and higher.
- Select the the appropriate link above.
- Click “Save File” on the pop-up.
- If the install package doesn’t open on its own, check your browser’s downloads area for the .msi or .exe file and open it.
- A pop-up will appear. Click “Run”.
- The setup wizard will appear. Accept the End-User License Agreement, and select a drive to install the software on.
- Once the software is installed, a prompt to restart will appear. You must restart to continue setting up the software. The latest versions do not need a restart.
1. The first step is to download the Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) Application here.
NOTE: Desktop/Simply Backup are legacy software. Consider upgrading to Jungle Disk (Formerly Workgroup) by following this guide. Our support team will also be able to assist with the upgrade if needed.
2. Once you download the .dmg file, fully close the Jungle Disk application. Then open the .dmg file and follow the prompts to install. If you already have Jungle Disk installed, be sure to allow the replacement of the existing version when prompted.
You should next see a prompt to install a helper tool. If prompted, enter your Mac credentials and click OK:
3. With the introduction of JungleFS, the application now installs a System Extension, which requires user permission to install. Users will need to allow the extension to be installed in order for Network Drives to be connected:
4. Followed by a prompt like this. Click OK and the Security Preferences should be open:
5. Another prompt will appear. Click OK:
6. On the Security Preferences, click the lock in the bottom left-hand corner of the window to allow changes to be made. You should be prompted to enter your Apple credentials to proceed. Next, click Allow next to "System software from developers "Jungle Disk, LLC" was blocked from loading.":
7. Close the Security Preferences and make sure you are in the Jungle Disk Activity Monitor.
8. Then use the Online Disk drop-down and choose Reconnect Network Drive. Success! Your Network Drive is mapped and you are on the latest version of Jungle Disk!
9. You may be presented with a HelloMismatch error and to resolve this, please restart the Jungle Disk service by following this guide.